Malapit na naman ang Eleksyon at malapit na namang mag-umpisa ang pangangampanya (pero sa ilan, matagal na silang nag-umpisang mangampanya kahit hindi pa sakop ng Campaign Period na itinalaga ng Commission on Elections o COMELEC). Maraming pangako na naman ang bibitiwan. Maraming proyektong uumpisahan para may makukurakot na pangkampanya pero hindi naman tatapusin ang kung anumang proyektong yun. Sa panahon ngayon, mas lumala ang vote buying. Mas kumakapal ang mukha ng mandaraya pero tatakbo pa rin sila, ang kapal talaga. Ngayong malapit na naman ang opisyal na Campaign Period, magkakaroon na naman ng pagkataon ang taong bayan na saksikan ang pagpapakatanga ng ilang kandidato. Kaya, sa darating na eleksyon, sila ang hindi ko iboboto:
- yung (mga) kandidatong sumasayaw o kumakanta sa kanilang pangangampanya o Miting de Avance [dahil hindi naman isang variety show ang kanilang gagawin pag manalo. Hindi po ito reality show na magiging artista ang kandidato pagkatapos ng pangangampanya. Bakit? Sasayawan ba nila kapag may debate sa Session?]
- yung mga kandidatong hanep gumastos para sa Campaign. [bakit? eh kasi may notion akong babawiin din nila yung ginastos nila kapag nasa pwesto na sila.]
- yung mga kandidatong bumibili ng boto sa pamamagitan ng pamimigay ng pera, ni-repack na mga pagkain, bigas at kung anu-ano pa. [Ganun din ang rason, babawiin nila yung ginastos kapag nasa pwesto na sila.]
- yung mga kandidatong ang dami ng sinabing pangako pero hindi man lang nabanggit ni minsan kung ano yung kaya nilang gawin.
- yung mga kandidatong naging parte ng isang pagsisinungaling para lang matakpan ang isang kapartidong nadawit sa isang iskandalo.
- yung mga kandidatong parati kong nakikita sa TV ngayong panahon ng pangangampanya. [hahahah! eh kasi naman, halata na yung intensyon eh!]
- yung mga kandidatong hindi na makatotohanan yung sinasabi sa kampanya.
- mga kandidatong nagpapakita ng pictures o videos na kasama ang mga kapos sa buhay. [bakit? eh bakit ngayon lang ipinakita?]
- yung pakiramdam ko ay sobrang talino at sobrang galing! [dahil pakiramdam ko ay uutakan niya lang ang mga tao para sa pansariling interes]
Marami pa akong naiisip pero ito na muna ang ilalagay ko. Daragdagan ko na lang kapag nahanap ko na yung papel na pinagsulatan ko ng draft ng supposed to be original article para dito.
[Note: ang lahat ng nakasulat ay base lamang sa damdamin ng isang botante. Bato-bato sa langit, ang tamaan wag magalit. Sa halip, magbago na lang at wag maging TRAPO.]
You are visitor number:
Hit Counter Since December 17, 2009
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Monday, January 11, 2010
We were supposed to check out the new resto just by Ateneo Matina Campus. The resto's name is Stadium. Since it's the last day of their P99 promo for their buffet, we headed at dinner time to make sure we'll have our tummies filled with their must-try foods. When we got there (around 7:15 or 7:30PM), the place was closed for an exclusive function. GREAT. So we decided to cruise around Matina and Ecoland area. We ended up at Yongi's (the famous Penong's partner resto), a resto by the beach, located at Times, Matina, Davao City. The restaurant was not crowded, customers enjoy the ambiance. They lack lights by the beach though. It might add to the relaxation factor if we could see the beach. We ordered Inato 3 which is 2 grilled pork chop, atchara (pickled green papaya) and unlimited rice. Yes, unlimited rice for people who has a big tummy to fill. The usual, we were served with soup for our appetizer. They usually have the food served in 20 minutes as they have to grill their viands unlike some resto that has their food half-cooked and reheat them when orders are already made. Our food orders were served in 15 minutes. 5 minutes earlier than usual. The Grilled Pork Chop was perfect. Their service crew are well-mannered. If you are looking for a place where you can enjoy good food while bonding and/or relaxing with your family, friends, classmates or officemates, give Yongi's a try. It's located at Times Beach, (the one at the back of SM City Davao) Ecoland, Matina, Davao City.
Food - great
Service - great
Value for Money - great
Place - good
Overall experience - great
After dinner, my cousin still doesn't want to head home. So we cruised Ecoland and Matina area again. After some funny discussions, we went back the area where Stadium's located. We stopped at Coffee for Peace, a coffee shop that supports the indigents and the farmers. Their place isn't spacious but it's just right for people who want to have a timeout from stress.
Coffee for Peace isn't just about serving excellent coffee, they are also advocates of Peace (thus the company name), Loving the Environment and helping the Indigenous People in Mindanao.
In their store, we saw different products, aside from coffee and drinks. There were shirts, bamboo flute, stone carved necklaces, scrolls, shell lamps, and more. I assumed those products were also made by the Indigenous People that they aid to earn a living. Makes me even happier while drinking.
Also, unlike others, they use all natural ingredients. I had a Strawberry Shake since we just had out dinner. I kind of expected something like the usual Strawberry Shake: full of crushed ice, strawberry flavoring, and milk. Another surprise for me. They actually use real strawberries, and less ice. Real value for money. Overall, I enjoyed my Coffee for Peace experience and it definitely won't be the last.
For people who wants to have a quiet or peaceful time, reasonably priced drinks, homey ambiance, Coffee for Peace might be the place you're looking for. They're conveniently located at McArthur Highway, Matina, Davao City. Just by Ateneo de Davao University Pre-School, Elementary and High School Campus; fronting McDonald's Matina. You may also checkout their site for more info about their company: www.coffeeforpeace.org
Review: Coffee for Peace
Drinks - great
Service - great
Value for Money - great
Place - great
Overall experience - great
(in this photo: the author with the two very friendly staff of Coffee for Peace)
[Ratings: Poor, Passed, Good, Great, Excellent]
[Special thanks to my cousins Eileen and Joyce for the treat.]
Posted by Kuripot Laagan at 1/11/2010 02:20:00 AM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
I was trying to write something for my blog at 2:30AM. Walang pumapasok sa utak ko… so I decided to rest. Nung nakahiga na ako’t pumikit, saka naman pumasok yung mga ideas, kung kailan antok na antok na ako. Sinabi ko sa sarili ko tatandaan ko na lang yung mga ideas na yun at isusulat pagkagising ko. Kaya heto… WALA AKONG MASULAT! hahahaha! kainis. ZZZzzzzzzzzz...........
Posted by Kuripot Laagan at 1/05/2010 01:08:00 PM